cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa Link to Optik Google TV Box

Rob-YVR
Just Moved In

A new TELUS customer here with PureFiber and Optik TV installed late last week.  The Optik TV box is a Google TV operating system. In Alexa, I can add the TELUS Home Assistant Skill but it will not find or link the Optik TV box.  In the instructions at - TELUS Home Assistant on Amazon Alexa: Optik TV | TELUS Support it says to 

Go to your Optik TV and browse to the System information in the settings menu
Locate the Client IDat the bottom of the page

This menu option is not available on my Optilk Google TV box.

In the Alexa app after linking to the skill, it says to tune to channel 9098 to change the Optik TV Device Name.  That channel doesn't exist.

Alexa can't find the Optik - Google TV box to link.
Now what?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @Rob-YVR , thank you for bringing this to our attention. The support page for Amazon Alexa is exclusively for the older Optik TV boxes as the TELUS TV+ digital box is currently not compatible with Alexa. I've flagged this to our support team and we will have the page updated to reflect the limitations. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @Rob-YVR , thank you for bringing this to our attention. The support page for Amazon Alexa is exclusively for the older Optik TV boxes as the TELUS TV+ digital box is currently not compatible with Alexa. I've flagged this to our support team and we will have the page updated to reflect the limitations. 

Thanks Kate, I suspected that and appreciate your feedback.