Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TELUS TV User Experience Research Group

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

***Application closed on October 4th***

Dearest Neighbours, 

Since the launch of the new Optik TV service through the TELUS TV+ platform, we’ve been working hard at implementing your valuable feedback! We’ve gotten to know some of you through this forum, especially the regular community contributors, and we’d like to take this relationship a step further and recruit you as a TELUS TV user tester! 

We’d love to welcome you to join our tester group to help shape the future of our TELUS TV experience. You’ll be testing new features and product versions before they even hit the market. We’re also looking for a wide variety of users at all levels of technical skills, so don’t be shy! 

Need more convincing? Here are some more details: 

Benefits will include: Early access to the latest and greatest features across our TV ecosystem with compensated participation. Each testing session will be assessed for level of effort and payment will reflect the estimated time to complete the testing event. 

We will provide: Guidance and materials on how to successfully complete the testing requirements, including detailed user guides with documented known issues, troubleshooting materials and live demos. Optimized troubleshooting, support and issue resolution. 

Your account data, mailing address and all other information will not be tied to your feedback. We will ensure that all recorded feedback and survey data are accessible only by the project coordinator and are kept secure. All survey data from individual participants will be coded so that your anonymity will be protected in relation to your feedback. 

The spots are limited, you can fill in an application form HERE and we’ll be in contact with you. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Regards,

Your Friendly Neighbourhood TV Product Development Team.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Thank you to everyone who has applied so far! The recruitment will be closed on October 4th, 2023 at 5 PM PST. 

Thank you again for expressing interest, the project coordinator will reach out to those who are eligible shortly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

buckycat
Leader

Is this open to all, or just customers with the cloud pvr?

Hi @buckycat, cPVR isn't mandatory as we offer packages without cPVR on the new TELUS TV digital box. However, customers must be on the new platform to participate. 

Thanks, leaves me out I guess.😩

Sending you a DM

Q4W
Organizer

Sorry to be blunt but this entire system is plagued with issues and missing the most basic of functions that should be expected - this system has regressed from what has been on the market for several years. EVERY customer on this system is a Beta Tester dealing with missing functions and issues and that have existed for months and have not been fixed. Online tech articles specific to this new system is completely missing which is inexcusable since the two versions are so different. As a new customer, I spent over an hour on the phone with tech support trying to figure out why I couldn't find Stingray music channels only to find out 2 days later from a second tech that it was App based only. Turns out the first tech was using troubleshooting steps for the previous Optik. Any customer on this system should be getting compensated until the issues are resolved or be given the option to step back to the original Optik (I was told this is not an option). 

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @Q4W , thank you for your feedback. the neighbourhood was designed as a place for customers to share solutions/workarounds, but a handful of TELUS employees (myself included) monitor the forums and pass on feedback to our development teams. I can assure you that we're listening and passing on the feedback, it just takes time for the development team to assess, validate, and test solutions and new features. Thank you for your patience as we work on improving the product. 

Rocky3
Rockstar

In for a penny, in for a pound

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Thank you to everyone who has applied so far! The recruitment will be closed on October 4th, 2023 at 5 PM PST. 

Thank you again for expressing interest, the project coordinator will reach out to those who are eligible shortly.