cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PVR is offline error message

MoutrayJ
Just Moved In
We have 2 PVR units and both are currently showing the error message "Your PVR is offline. To record this or future programs, please ensure your PVR is powered on" when attempting to set a recording.
Despite this, the show will still record on the PVR unit, however the show will not show up on the second unit. We've had our equipment for over a year with no problems. Both PVR units have been restarted.

Anyone have any ideas on how to correct this? It's been going on for over a month. Thanks all!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

If possible follow these instructions to reset your Optik boxes:

How to reboot your Optik system | TELUS Support

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

If possible follow these instructions to reset your Optik boxes:

How to reboot your Optik system | TELUS Support

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

HSL
Advisor

I had similar issues when my Telus services were upgraded to fibre recently.

The problem likely relates to the reliance of the Optik devices on IGMP - a network broadcast protocol. If you have any third party devices on your network that do not support IGMP your Optik services may be unreliable.

In my case I had two issues:

1) an older unmanaged switch that did not support IGMP snooping. The Telus tech replaced the switch with a TP-Link switch that did support IGMP snooping.

2) Additionally I had a TP-Link Archer AX 50 router on my network configured as a wi-fi AP (Access Point) which did not support IGMP. There may have been other issues with that router but removing it entirely from my network resolved the Optik issues.

If none of this applies to your situation then my suggestion would be to disconnect and power down all of your network infrastructure except for your TV and your Optik devices. If your Optik devices are on your wired network then ensure that they are patched directly into Telus router and not connected to it by an intervening switch.

The debugging objective is to reduce the number of devices participating on your network to the absolute bare minimum. If the Optik devices work reliably on that configuration then you can build out your network again one device at a time until the problem re-appears.

Googling "Telus Optik" and IGMP will return a fair amount of postings and commentary on this issue.