cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optik TV Error Message LP1008 & Mac OS upgrade to Version 10.15.4 (19E266)

eddy3216
Helpful Neighbour

Today I installed Mac OS Upgrade to Version 10.15.4 (19E266). After installing I am not able to access Optik TV from Safari. I am not able to get to the url at all ... watchoptik.telus.com/#yourtv     I get error message LP1008 when trying to access that site. 

I am not sure whether the Mac OS Upgrade is the issue ... or whether the Optik TV site is down. 

Thoughts? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I'm seeing the same thing when accessing Optik TV with Chrome in Windows. First attempt to login fails with LP1008. If I click retry I am able to get in. This started happening about a week ago. Seems likely to be an issue with Telus given we are using a different browser and OS.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I'm seeing the same thing when accessing Optik TV with Chrome in Windows. First attempt to login fails with LP1008. If I click retry I am able to get in. This started happening about a week ago. Seems likely to be an issue with Telus given we are using a different browser and OS.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

Thanks for your help. When I click the retry button ... I am able to access. 

I'm having the same issue with MS Edge on an iMac. I tried 'refreshing' and also tried using Chrome. Still doesn't work. It also started happening for me a few days ago. Sigh. Another Telus hiccup. Sad.

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

We've updated the browser so that it uses HTML5 in place of Flash, but your browser might be cacheing the old version and this could lead to issues. Try clearing your cache, or using incognito/private browsing, then navigate to watchoptik.telus.com.

If you do this, what URL do you see and do you still encounter the issue?

Thanks, KHR. I've cleared my cache (several times), restarted my browser (Edge), tried the "InPrivate" mode and nothing seems to work. I end up getting sent to the"reachclient.proda.tls.tv3cloud.com" URL.

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @AfterMath 

Just so that I'm clear - are you a Pik TV customer or an Optik TV customer?

And, if Optik, is watchoptik.telus.com working for you now? We're troubleshooting this live, so thanks for your help! 

Optik TV.

Not working. Now I get error 4-44-50001 Browser not supported.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Which version of Edge are you using? The older IE based one or the newer Chrome based one?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

MS Edge Version 86.0.622.68 (Official build) (64-bit)

Could it be a DNS cache issue?

Do you get 216.123.251.36 when you ping watchoptik.telus.com?

How would one 'ping' to get the DNS sequence?

I don't use Apple products so the best I can do is refer you to this:

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/ping-test-mac-3524076/

run ping on watchoptik.telus.com

Okay. I ran the Network Utility and I did NOT get the DNS sequence you outlined below. Mine starts with 205. and this is the final information in the window: 

--- wp-9b17040000000000.id.cdn.telus.com ping statistics ---

10 packets transmitted, 10 packets received, 0.0% packet loss

round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 10.041/11.618/14.887/1.356 ms

Now what???

That's the response time. What I was looking for was the equivalent of this highlighted data (from the link I provided)

xray_0-1605217316231.png

Regrets, I cannot see your highlighted link.

Is this the information you are needing?

Ping has started…

PING wp-9b17040000000000.id.cdn.telus.com (205.250.87.36): 56 data bytes

64 bytes from 205.250.87.36: icmp_seq=0 ttl=61 time=6.744 ms

Yes, that's the info I needed.

Yours: 205.250.87.36

Mine: 216.123.251.36

Looks like the watchoptik.telus.com URL is resolving to a different server for you. I wonder if that's the old server prior to the switch to HTML5.

Try flushing your DNS cache.

https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/how-to-flush-your-dns-cache

Flushed the DNS cache. Still not working on either my laptop or my iMac. I don't know how much more I can do. Looks like I'll have to phone the good folks at Telus and hope I get someone who knows something about Macs...

I did some testing on various networks and it turns out watchoptik.telus.com resolves to different IP addresses depending on where you are on the Internet. The fact that you get a different IP address than I do may not be related to the problem you are having.

Optik TV works on Chrome (Flash) but not on Safari nor Edge.