cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message for new Digital Box: "Recordings are not currently supported"

Ayuen1
Just Moved In

As part of TELUS' required upgrade to support Netflix, I received a new TELUS TV digital box. Install and all functionality is fine. However, whenever I try to record a show through the interface or via my remote control, I get an error message saying "Recordings are not currently supported". I called support and they told me I had to use my old PVR box -- which seems odd given that 1) the old PVR is obsolete and doesn't support netflix (and why we needed to upgrade in the first place), 2) The old PVR doesn't work anymore (given the switch to the new TELUS TV box), and 3) why would I have to use 2 digital boxes. Any help is appreciated.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @Ayuen1 has it been 15 days since the order of the new TELUS TV digital box? It takes 15 days for the recording functionality to switch over. If you are still not seeing the recording functionality after that, then it is possible your account needs to be reconfigured by one of our agents. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I don't believe the old box will function once you've been migrated to the new one. You will need to get Telus to enable recording for your account. This is assuming you had recording functionality with your old box. If not it's $5 a month to add this feature.

More here:

A New Evolution of Optik TV (telus.com)

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @Ayuen1 has it been 15 days since the order of the new TELUS TV digital box? It takes 15 days for the recording functionality to switch over. If you are still not seeing the recording functionality after that, then it is possible your account needs to be reconfigured by one of our agents.