cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Digital Box

xmldba
Organizer
Is the new digital box also serves as cloud PVR? It does not record as I press record. Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

giantbrownguy
Rockstar
There is an additional $10 cost to access recordings using it. If you haven’t signed up for it, that could be the issue.

If you were an optik customer previously, your profile might not have been upgraded properly. I know my box is still having issues and it’s been 2 weeks.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

giantbrownguy
Rockstar
There is an additional $10 cost to access recordings using it. If you haven’t signed up for it, that could be the issue.

If you were an optik customer previously, your profile might not have been upgraded properly. I know my box is still having issues and it’s been 2 weeks.

Any regrets switching from the legacy equipment to the new?

No regrets yet. Too early to fully assess as I got the box only 2 days before.

Are existing customers able to upgrade to the new box yet?

Were you able to switch to the new box as an existing customer?

Yes, I am able to get the new digital boxes. You need to talk to Technical Service, who verifies your internet connection and transfer call to Customer Service, who will send the box to you.

I want to wait for a couple of days before to give Telus a call as I had received the new boxes only 2 days before. Thank you for responding

For past 2 weeks the the new boxes had buffering issues and finally decided to give up and use AppleTV 4K box. No issues with Apple TV. The customer service sending the PVR and the associated boxes. Really bad.

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @xmldba , if you long press the recording button, it should bring up recording management. If, instead, you are getting a screen that prompts you to subscribe to cPVR, then it means you currently do not have it in your package. 

Hi Kate,
What I get is ‘Recordings are not currently supported in Telus TV+’. I called Technical Support and they informed me that it is not completely implemented and would take couple of days more.
Thanks.