OS

GAM
Helpful Neighbour

My current OS IS 10;API; 29 I saw in one comment it should be 30 or 31

4 REPLIES 4

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you're asking about the TelusTV+ set top box, the current version of AndroidTV I have is 12 API 31. The box will notify about the updates, if it doesn't install them automatically overnight after they're released. It is possible to manually check for updates still.

If you referring to the version of AndroidTV installed on your Hisense TV, you'll need to contact the TV manufacturer. Telus doesn't provide software updates for third party hardware, especially TVs. It's not uncommon to see older versions of AndroidTV, especially 10, installed on cheap TVs. The manufacturers are often slow to update them. AndroidTV 9 no longer is supported by Google.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

GAM
Helpful Neighbour
The TV is a Hisense purchased in June of this year, not sure what you mean by a cheap TV, it’s a Smart TV 4K FFM, on the System menu under about it shows Android TV OS Version 12 Android TV Security patch level April 5 2024 I am not sure what any of this means. All this info was found using the TV remote

Gary

Rocky3
Rockstar

The new Telus TV+ 21T box OS found in the Account information section is what we are talking about. It does not matter what TV brand is attached to the HDMI output.

This morning I have App version 1.24.6.900 and Android OS 10, API:29

What you saw was an example posted which showed API:30 which I am not sure if it was an example or actual. Now we have API: 31 with one user.

BTW system update can be found >Device preference >About

I just tried it and there were no changes

GAM
Helpful Neighbour
I have the same 1.24.6.900
10;API.29

Gary