cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Optik boxes and pvr

kb1
Neighbour

I just upgraded my Optik boxes to the new ones. I was replacing 4 and they sent me 4. None of which were PVR. after talking to an agent she determined we weren't sent a PVR box. So I sent back one of the new boxes so she sent me a PVR. Its the same PVR I had before, isn't there a new PVR box to go with the new Optik boxes? Or do we just use the old PVR box? The website about Optik tv and hardware is useless. 

help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rocky3
Rockstar

You should not have received the PVR old style as your account now is with cloud pvr. I expect you have the new TelusTV-21T units. Good luck in sending back the PVR and getting your 4th tuner back

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

The new Optik experience uses a Cloud PVR system so you should be able to record from any box. You mentioned that you were upgraded, so that's most likely the case.

ok, So how do you get the new boxes to do PVR? because when I try it tells me pvr is not connected. Did I miss something in setting the new boxes up?

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you subscribed to a channel package including cloud recording, you should be good to go. Have you been able to get the recording rolling yet or are you still experiencing an issue with it?

Rocky3
Rockstar

You should not have received the PVR old style as your account now is with cloud pvr. I expect you have the new TelusTV-21T units. Good luck in sending back the PVR and getting your 4th tuner back

This is exactly what happened, in fact all the boxes I received were wrong and older they the ones I sent back. New ones should be here this week.