cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigating screen after switching to Telus TV

msblayney
Organizer

HELP!! I have just switched to using Telus TV, and am completely baffled on trying to learn the function(s) of each button on the remote control. The whole setup of navigating the screen is so confusing and complex after the system I had used with the previous TV provider. I have searched endlessly on the Internet, but so far unable to get a simple set of instructions.

All help would be much appreciated. Thank you !

Mike Blayney

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Mike, if you have the RB21T remote, you can use this information https://www.telus.com/en/support/article/telus-tv-digital-box-remote

In terms of disabling the home screen, the instruction you have is for the old Optik TV boxes. If you have the new TELUS Digital Box (I assume you do since you have the remote with it), the home screen cannot be disabled.

As a workaround, you can use the "guide" button immediately upon opening TTV+. For example, instead of trying to navigate out of the home screen by selecting the "Live TV" tab (which requires several buttons to be pressed), simply press the guide button and select any program that is airing. This takes you to a "TV view", and you can use the channel number pad and surf buttons (CH up and down arrow) like regular TV. Any time you accidentally presses a button on the remote that prompts home screen, apps, show info, etc, press the guide button to essentially dismiss the screen and click a program to bring up live TV. 

Another option that might be helpful is using the Google Voice Assistance (the colorful button around the middle), upon pressing, you can directly ask to be taken to the guide by saying "guide". I do recommend always defaulting to the guide view since that's the path that would most likely prompt the live TV view. Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

We choose 'Guide' then the up and down arrows to find the program we want to watch, then press 'OK'.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Thank you for your contribution.

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi Mike, which TV box do you have? Here is the remote guide for the latest TELUS TV Digital Box.

And here is a guide that walks you the TTV+ experience! 

If by “TV box” you mean the remote control that came with installation, I have model RB21T. It does not seem to be similar to any of the 3 versions shown in the article “Remote Control Issues : there are Slimline 2, slimline, and Classic.

One of the several frustrations encountered so far is as follows:

On your instruction page titled "Öptik TV Home Screen feature” there is a section labelled “Disable Home Screen ( which is what I want to do because it is so confusing). There follows the following instructions:

Disable Home Screen

While in Home Screen:

Select
Options
on your remote

Select
Off
to disable

Select
Don't Display

I have tried this many times and it doesn’t work with the remote that I have!

Do I perhaps have the wrong remote control, and if so, please specify which one would work.

Thank you.

Mike Blayney

Hi Mike, if you have the RB21T remote, you can use this information https://www.telus.com/en/support/article/telus-tv-digital-box-remote

In terms of disabling the home screen, the instruction you have is for the old Optik TV boxes. If you have the new TELUS Digital Box (I assume you do since you have the remote with it), the home screen cannot be disabled.

As a workaround, you can use the "guide" button immediately upon opening TTV+. For example, instead of trying to navigate out of the home screen by selecting the "Live TV" tab (which requires several buttons to be pressed), simply press the guide button and select any program that is airing. This takes you to a "TV view", and you can use the channel number pad and surf buttons (CH up and down arrow) like regular TV. Any time you accidentally presses a button on the remote that prompts home screen, apps, show info, etc, press the guide button to essentially dismiss the screen and click a program to bring up live TV. 

Another option that might be helpful is using the Google Voice Assistance (the colorful button around the middle), upon pressing, you can directly ask to be taken to the guide by saying "guide". I do recommend always defaulting to the guide view since that's the path that would most likely prompt the live TV view. Hope that helps!