cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green Screen solution by changing resolution to "Auto"

Networks
Helpful Neighbour

FYI, solved my Green Screen issue by switching the resolution on the new Telus Android box from 4k to Auto. The problem was when the TV/box had been off for a few hours then powered back on, it would be frozen on a green screen. The audio was fine but the only way to get rid of the green screen was to reboot the Telus box. I have read this has to do with the standby mode but Telus claims that wasn't the issue with me and IIRC I had disabled the standby. I'm hoping this might help others as several people have complained of the green screen problem. 

2 REPLIES 2

Rocky3
Rockstar

Do you have the 21T

Resembles an issue I have when power is lost. Not sure if you turn it off or also lost power. I have power outage. Instead of green screen I get black, and must plug unplug to get it to restart. I also would like to know where this standby switch is located.

Networks
Helpful Neighbour

Not familiar with 21T but the box was installed a few weeks ago and is the new, small black Android box with "cloud PVR" ie no local storage. There's both a NAH and a trashcan (connected via pre-existing coax).