cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit start time of series record?

BCTV
Friendly Neighbour
Hello, still getting to know my Optik TV+. I set up a series record for my 2 year old son, but for every single episode of the series that is recorded, it starts about 3-5 minutes into the episode. Is there a way to adjust the start time of series recordings? On my Shaw Blue Curve Box it was a very easy process to edit start or end times of any scheduled recordings. I can’t seem to find an option for that with Optik+. Maybe I’m just not familiar with the system yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @BCTV, thanks for flagging. We contacted the third-party vendor that provides the scheduling for the guide, and they updated the metadata. You should be able to record Teletubbies from beginning to end now! 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

MrSL
Leader

Hi @BCTV this is a long time issue that has been highlighted many times in this Forum. I guess you have the TelusTv-21T set top box? Looks like this:

TelusTV-21T.jpg

The long and short of your question is No. With any recordings, individual, series etc. there is no option to to alter the start and finish times of recordings which is extremely annoying (I had BlueCurve too).

General speaking recordings are set to record 2 minutes prior to the program start and finish on time. With the exception of Live / New sport's broadcast's which Telus setup an automatic extension of either 1 or 1.5 hours after a huge backlash from customers.

I don't know if and when this simple option will be available to us users, so the only option you really have is to record the previous program, which, yeah, is far from ideal!

It is unusual though to have a recording start late.

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @BCTV , could you share which shows and channels are recording late? 

BCTV
Friendly Neighbour
The most consistent one we’ve seen is Teletubbies recorded on family jr. It always starts 3-5 minutes into the episode and records 3-5 minutes into the next program.

Sent from my iPhone

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @BCTV 

I had a look at Teletubbies specifically (the guide shows it at 2:50am). When I restarted the program using the restart feature, I noticed that it was in progress, which would explain why the recordings are missing the first few minutes. I also looked at the previous program (Twirliwoos) and Teletubbies starts about 5 minutes prior to the end. 

So it looks like either the content provider or the guide data provider has things wrong. Shows that only run for 10 or 15 minutes are culprits. I'll flag this to the teams that work on these 2 items.

BCTV
Friendly Neighbour
Great! Thank you for flagging this issue. Hopefully we can get it resolved. Twirlywoos is another favourite at our house. They really are companion shows, they go hand in hand. lol

Sent from my iPhone

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @BCTV, thanks for flagging. We contacted the third-party vendor that provides the scheduling for the guide, and they updated the metadata. You should be able to record Teletubbies from beginning to end now! 

BCTV
Friendly Neighbour
Thank you very much! Much appreciated!!
Sent from my iPhone