cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud PVR Recordings for only 45 days?

Q4W
Organizer

I just switched to Telus from Shaw and received the new version of the Telus 4K boxes yesterday. I now realize that although you have unlimited recording space, they delete after 45 days. It is pretty much guaranteed that for many people, this will render the cloud service as useless. We PVR all television shows that we watch, including a series that airs 5 days a week. Based on what we record, this would mean for us that there would be many times where we would have no chance of catching up before they delete. As much as I love the new Android based system, I'm seriously debating whether I should request the last generation 4K box or head back to Shaw under the 30 days satisfaction guarantee. Does Telus have any plans to increase this in the immediate future? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RobG3987
Ambassador
I highly recommend you seriously consider the 30 day satisfaction out clause. Especially if you {like me) rely on the PVR heavily. This system is SERIOUSLY flawed with issues regarding PVR, Series recordings, "new episode" flag missing from guide, multiple recordings, missed recordings, disappeared recordings having to reboot frequently, etc, etc.
Give it a thorough testing, but I think you'll find there are significant shortcomings that still haven't been addressed and nobody is forthcoming with a specific timeline as to when the significant bulk of these ongoing persistent complaints by the user base will be corrected.
This system needs to be revisited seriously.
Speak with your wallet.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus hasn’t announced a timetable. You could add your request to the suggestions section.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

RobG3987
Ambassador
I highly recommend you seriously consider the 30 day satisfaction out clause. Especially if you {like me) rely on the PVR heavily. This system is SERIOUSLY flawed with issues regarding PVR, Series recordings, "new episode" flag missing from guide, multiple recordings, missed recordings, disappeared recordings having to reboot frequently, etc, etc.
Give it a thorough testing, but I think you'll find there are significant shortcomings that still haven't been addressed and nobody is forthcoming with a specific timeline as to when the significant bulk of these ongoing persistent complaints by the user base will be corrected.
This system needs to be revisited seriously.
Speak with your wallet.

It’s good for watching news though. Almost all the TV shows’ full episodes will end on the Internet anyway, legally or illegally, but most news segments won’t.

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @Q4W , we are working on extending the storage duration from 45 to 90 days in the near future. We also have plans to extend beyond the 90 days in the future.