When can we order the 2017 Calendar ??

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

fang
Resident

I'm not a senior, and although I won't reveal my age, (this is my parent's account) I am in the lower age bracket. Hope Telus knows plenty of people, regardless of age, loves the calendars.

CA
Connector

Thank you Telus for listening.  Both my mother and I have put in our orders for the wall calendar.  Hopefully this will continue as a Telus staple.

Carela
Resident

I wasn't going to bother to add my name to the scores of others who have expressed disappoint in this TELUS decision... but in the end, I had to. Like all of the other responders, I can hardly believe that TELUS would cease this lovely perk, which has been made available to its customers for years.  I estimate that I pay approximately $2,400 every year for the various services I subscribe to from TELUS. To be provided with a lovely calendar - which probably costs TELUS pennies per copy to produce - is a small, but very significant, gesture of thanks for my loyalty.  A very Scrooge-like decision indeed, TELUS ... shame on you.  

calendar_fan
Resident

Good on Telus for listening to all the disgruntled customers like myself who actually use the calendar.

I was just enjoying the cute December Lovebirds while checking upcoming credit card due dates when I realized there had been no announcement to order a 2017 version. As with many Telus customers, I have had the calendars ever since they have been published. I even turn down offers for other  calendars since Telus has the best one going.

Let's hope this potential gaffe doesn't happen next year. It would be wise for Telus to contact all those who opt for a 2017 calendar to be contacted next October for the opportunity to be included for a 2018 version.

Community Power User
Community Power User

@Carela @tiggie

You did read this post?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Abbie
Neighbour
This is such a blessing!
I tried printing this from my phone and it came out small and of course without the bottom square calendar component, I am lost!
Thank you! Hope to receive this printed version SOOOON!
Thank you thank you
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Abbie The calendar should arrive at your home in early-to-mid January.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Sillycat
Resident

I am very happy that TELUS actually listened to unhappy people and are printing up some calendars.  I placed my order and am now waiting to receive my 2017 TELUS calendar.  Please, TELUS, let's not do this again next year.  Let's just have the calendars available right from the start.  Thank you and Merry Christmas!  Smiley Happy

mummyof5
Friendly Neighbour

This is absolutely horrible. A digital calendar is for PRIVATE use. A paper calendar is the best way to write down everything for everyone so that we all know what is going on. We are 7 people in this house, all of whom love seeing those animals & critters every month...........OHHHH and the stickers, they are just so much fun. The kids love to mark the birthdays with them. Telus, you should be ashamed for taking away the paper calendars that homes & families love so much. I have been with you when you were Clearnet in 1998 and I don't see ANY perks anymore. You could have left the calendar. Honestly, I haven't got much reason to stay with you any longer. I have now stopped referring people to you, it might not be much in your books but I have referred over 10 people over the years who actually became your customers and did so because the service WAS good - Now I and 4 of my friends are always losing service?????, customer service WAS good - Now they always have to put you on hold so they can ask someone else for an answer and the wait time is atrotrious !!!, loyalty department WAS good - Now they can barely make changes or offer a better deal for us who have "Grandfather accounts"...........I never even received compensation for YOUR customers that I brought to you.......NOTHING, NADA, DIDDLY SQUAT. Would you like to kindly credit my account for those 10 people that I referred and took you on as their carrier.............Or could I just trade that in for future PAPER CALENDARS !!!! In fact, I should take the $500 or so owing referral money just so that I can download the digital calendar and have it professionally made and give out copies to some people in here. Extremely disappointed, extremely !!!! Smiley Frustrated

mummyof5
Friendly Neighbour

I wrote all of that before I saw the news about a paper calendar...YAY !!! I put in my request and I hope that they stick to their word.

It still doesn't take away from the fact that I'm owed about $500 from them or that everything about them is going downhill.............BUT I LOVE THE CALENDARS !!!

Abbie
Neighbour
Just received my calendar in the mail
Although wet&snowy, it is hung up and ready to go with all my appointments transferred from my super tiny makeshift calendar I had to this one, all the way to March- woohoo! Thank you Telus!
Irishgranny
Ambassador

Got mine today, also.  Thank you Telus.  Let's hope they now understand that there is a demand for these and we don't have to go through this process again nest year !  In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy seeing the critters on the wall !

PaulaJadischke
Friendly Neighbour

OMG, I am hugely impressed and congratulations on listening to your customers.  Not very common these days. I love you guys again. 

To whoever made this decision, thank you very much.  WELL DONE – you should get a big fat bonus. Just a suggestion you may want to send a calendar to all those on the complaint chain. They may not be in the loop regarding how to get a wall calendar.

grateful1
Friendly Neighbour

Thanks so much TELUS for making the 2017 calendar available in print form! I got mine in the mail today with its gorgeous animal pictures.  

Please consider continuing to offer the wall calendar next year and beyond; it sets you apart from banks and other large (highly profitable) businesses who have opted to not provide them and without any consultation (or advance warning) to customers or staff who use them. Not everyone is all digital for all things or all people so I appreciate your willingness to ask customers and to provide a wall calendar this year and hope you continue to do so.

I second the suggestion of another poster who recommended that those who received them this year receive a notification for the 2018 wall calendar when the time comes.  I seem to remember at one time  receiving an email annually announcing the wall calendar and the option to order one from a link provided in the email; I believe they were sent out to all Telus customers. Maybe bring back that notification going forward?

Irishgranny
Ambassador

One more suggestion for next year...could you please make the dates and the lines in a dark ink...very hard to see Grey from a distance.  Otherwise, PLEASE...keep printing these in future years.

hondahopper
Resident

Thankyou Telus for sending me a calendar even though I did not order one.  I thought it was cancelled, was disappointed and now thrilled to see that you have listened to your customers.

No other calendar can replace yours.  Please keep it going.

Thankyou again and all the best for 2017.

calendar_fan
Resident

Whoo hoo! Got my calendar in the mail today!! The day boxes are perfect for me to make notes such as due dates for bills, upcoming birthdays etc.

Way to go Telus for listening to our requests to keep the calendar going.

The fish in a heart shape are great. No excuses for missing Valentine's Day. Not that I ever have.

Yeah Telus!!

mummyof5
Friendly Neighbour

I see people are receiving their calendars, I'm still waiting but SO excited for the day it arrives Smiley Happy

muglet
Connector

I am amazed that Telus actually listened to their customers. Been with Telus for over forty years and was very upset that there was to be no print calendar this year. I could not be happier that we are getting one. I am waiting patiently.  WELL DONE TELUS!  I hope next year we will be notified by email. Thanks again Telus.

Bcnana
Resident

so glad to hear we r getting print calendars!

Have ordered mine today..Dec 30th.

Hope to see it soon.  We should not have needed all this uproar to get it and hope this does not happen again!