cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus salesman tricked me

joyita07
Friendly Neighbour

Today Telus salesman came to our townhouse complex and knocked every door that has telus connection. I was paying 75$/month for 1gb fiber optic internet. My contract ends 3/25. Today they offered me 65$ for optic tv and Internet. I asked if there's no fees or new contract they said no. They don't show the contract just asked for consent and I gave it.

Now I checked the document and saw that they changed the contract period to 8/25 but the discount for the old contract period 3/25. So ill be paying 180 for 5 months. So they lied on my face.

I'm gonna call telus tomorrow. Wanted to check with the community first.

5 REPLIES 5

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello. That's definitely not the experience we want our clients to have. Were you able to get this sorted out after reaching out to our team?

I had a telus salesman come to my front door and tell me I was over paying for internet because I was out of contract. he showed me on his tablet my account and it was green.  I phone up and talk to customer service and complain and I was was offered internet with 1 gb download for 85 dollar, home security for 60$ and tv for 38$ dollar.  we received the tv box and and it didn't work. 45 minute call to tech and it was working.  5 hours later we said this is garbage and will not want.  they told me I would owe 15 dollars for the remaining contract term per month.  I was unhappy and wanted to speak to a manager. no manager called me back.  today I call back and 3 transferred calls and an hour of my time later we have hopefully cancelled home security and tv because their contract behaviour which I believe was not upfront. but now they want me to pay more for internet than I was paying out of contract and tell me I am in contract for 24 months.  unbelievable.  I have a call with a manger tomorrow.  I will post the outcome.  serious concerns   and we have telus mobility too.   

I should add I was paying 149 including tax for fibre. out of contract.   

133 plus tax and the agent tells me it is now 145 plus tax for 24 months.  is this legit ?  

davejh
Neighbour

what was outcome