cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agreeement

JeffG6363
Friendly Neighbour

I was using Shaw as a provider and had 2 months left on my 2 year contract. I had a Telus salesman knock on my door selling Telus services for internet and TV. He went through what he could proved to match or exceed my Shaw services. He said he would match my internet speed ( 300 Mbps ). A good supply of channels and additional sports channels I didn't have and he promised to deduct the remaining 2 months charges on my contract from Shaw off my first Telus bill. All at about 75% of my monthly Shaw bill.

I felt his offer was worth the change so I agreed and switched to Telus.

Techs came and installed the equipment and assured all was working before they left, they gave me 1 x video camera and 1 x doorbell camera ( all at no monthly cost ), their installation was a mess, I tried to immediately have them come back and fix and clean up the mess. I was unable to get a booking for quite some time so I figured I would try to tidy up the mess myself. 

Almost immediately the WiFi had issues, the TV wouldn't connect to Wifi, laptops and phones did so the TV would not always connect. I missed several hockey playoff games, my daughter couldn't stream movies without constant buffering. I had run quite a few speed tests on Shaw ( previous account ) and promised speed was always close to or a bit above the promised 300 Mbps rate. 

When I checked my newly provided Telus speed, it was just above 15 Mbps !!!

No wonder my TV internet often didn't work and streaming was almost not possible.

I called Telus and was informed I agreed to 75 Mbps ( I was told by the salesman they would match 350 Mbps.

I agreed to accept Telus for Internet reasons and after continuing to miss NHL playoff games I switched back over to Shaw. I paid last months bill and now face a 2000 dollar bill for next month. Is there any way to dispute the bill due to non fulfillment by Telus to provide the services they pitched on me ( lied to / mislead me ) to convince me to change to their services? I will never use Telus again, the salesman lied to name on basically the entire package to be provided, the area wasn't allowed high-speed lines in my area as was his sales pitch, the installation was very unprofessionable and my overall experience with them was pretty disappointing.

8 REPLIES 8

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hey @JeffG6363 we want to help with this and we apologize for the experience you had. Please send us a private message here on the Neighbourhood and we will get in touch with a team that will be able to take your case and help resolve it

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

How do you send a private message ?

Can your team not just simply contact at [mod edit: removed personal info]

Im willing to come to a mutual agreement but slapping me with a 2000 dollar bill after your services were well short of what was promised simply is not acceptable in my opinion. Your salesman pulled a fast one and is not honorable at all

How do I send private message ?

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

When logged in here, there's a little envelope icon in the top right corner next to your round profile pic. Click on that, and on the next screen (your Inbox) there should be a purple icon around the middle of the screen to start a new message. Type in 'TELUS_Support' in the "Send to" field, give it a quick subject and then compose and send it over!

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

JeffG6363
Friendly Neighbour

How to send private message 

Amandine
Neighbour

I feel you. And I don't know if this message is going to be even read. But there is something fundamentally wrong with Telus. At the end of my 2 years contract with them, last February, I wanted out. The salesman lured me back in with a deal of better speed, unlimited Go, and a price $10 less than what I used to pay. 

Well it's quite the trap. Because since then, I call basically every month to tell them that my billing is wrong. They keep on telling me, the problem is solve we are so sorry for the inconvenience. And once again, I'm calling at this exact moment. I have been on hold for 1h30min and counting, to talk to a manager. For an issue that they can clearly see on my account, that the agents always understand. The agent said he was speaking to his manager explaining the situation. How long does it take to review a very clear situation?

It's easy to steal my money from my bank account. For that they have my bank information. But to return it, no they can't do that. Only account credits that I have never seen so far. They own me pretty much $200 in only a few months. 

Telus is a scam stealing money, breaching contracts. Should I call a lawyer to get things done?

Oh and of course my internet is not faster at all. 

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

We're sorry to hear about the ongoing issues with your billing and the frustration this has caused. This is not the experience we want for our customers. Please send us a private message here on the Neighbourhood and we will get in touch with a team that will be able to take your case and help resolve it.

Hi
I have asked how to send a private message several times
Is this method vonsidered private ?
Jeff Gangl
403-333-1692
Calgary, Alberta, Canada