cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent Telus sales call by a Telus representative

Rae-ray
Just Moved In

Well I got scammed from a legitamite Telus sales representative. I did get them to call me back the next day, anyways. What they offered me after repeatedly making sure we were clear ont the terms, and what I got charged and signed up for are NOT the same deal. I was offered 2 choices; 1st choice: add 2 additional family members for up to $19/mth each or get an ipad for $600, and $15/mth. Anyways, I decided to add my elderly mother to my plan, thinking I was doing a good thing for my mom, however she had just paid her monthly bill and said to wait a month. So in the meantime, when the sales rep called me back the next day, I again asked what the rate was going to be and total charges and data amount, Again was reassured by the Telus sales rep Aishish that it was goint to be $19/mth and that there would be no charges until I activated the sim that was going to be mailed out to me.

Well not only did I get a full months of charges that I did not use any of their services for, but the plan ended up costing me $60/mth and not the $19/mth. So when I called Telus to complain about the dishonest sales call and mistaken plan cost, their sales managers were also very rude and arrogant, and did not offer me any reasonable solution. I also asked for them to check the call recording and they said they could not. I have now wasted numerous hours of my time and money with this fraudalent sales call and have to spend even more time looking into changing providers, since Telus cannot operate with any integrity or honour.

2 REPLIES 2

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Duplicate post. 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

oldbeefjerky
Just Moved In

And it's going downhill from here! They have off-boarded all their support to overseas contractors who clearly don't give a rodent's behind about customer retention or plain old honesty & integrity. Look forward to more of the same as Telus execs scramble to increase their bonuses by reducing services while increasing prices and running these non-stop scams.