cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 step verification peeve

Shytin
Organizer

This new second verification thing does not work for me. Years ago when we started a Telus account my wife used her e-mail and we shared the password. That worked fine for both of us. Now with 2 step ID the code gets sent to her e-mail which of course I can't view because I don't have her regular email password.
  How do I get the code sent to my email or phone?
I tried creating a login of my own and linking it to our account but it says "There is already an email linked to that account".

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

xray
Hero

I'm not really following what you mean by you having a different screen when you log on. My wife has no issues logging on to my account with the app on her phone. I log on using the app on my phone. I also log on from a several different computers using a browser. TELUS really doesn't know who owns what device.

Now if your browser settings are different on your computer then that's a different story and really not under the control of TELUS.

View solution in original post

Well I'll be darned 'xray'. I tried a different computer that had a different browser and Windows 10, instead of my usual Windows 11 browser.
After getting the code from my wife I was able to log in smoothly and had full access to our account! So, I am going to load an additional browser on my usual desktop that is compatible with the Telus login and go from there. Thanks 'xray'

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can change/remove 2FA by logging into your Telus account and going to My Profile>Change Security Settings. 

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

If you can't add or update the contact information, it might be best to contact Telus directly. Explain the situation and ask them to help link your email or phone number to the account for two-step verification purposes.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Shytin
Organizer

I logged in on my PC with our credentials and had my wife give me the code that was sent to her mail on her PC. After entering the 6 digit code on my PC the screen froze and would not let me go any further.
 It seems that you have to enter the code on the same PC that received the code. 

I will get my wife to login in on her PC and change the security setting.

Very strange. My wife logged in, entered the 6 digit code, then went to security settings and found the 2 step check already disabled??? So I enabled it and set it up to send the code to my phone. When all was approved - I disabled it. After a few hours I tried logging in and once again it sent a code to my wife's email.

As mentioned I will contact TELUS directly

No, you don't have to login on the same device as the one receiving the code. I log in on my PC and get the code on my phone all the time.

Clear the browser cookies for the TELUS site and try it again. 

Yes that works for you and it would work for me as well if I was the only one that ever logged into our account. But I'm not the only one. My wife is the original account holder. If only I login on my computer with her e-mail address and our shared password for the Telus account, then enter the 6 digit code she gives me, my screen is different from hers then if she were to login.
My screen seems to treat me as a new customer. I'm wondering because my IP address does not match my wife's computer IP address at my login, it's not giving me full access to the account.
My wife and I share the same bank account. As such we are able to each login from our own personal computer with our own password to access the one account.  Why is this Rocket Science for Telus?

xray
Hero

I'm not really following what you mean by you having a different screen when you log on. My wife has no issues logging on to my account with the app on her phone. I log on using the app on my phone. I also log on from a several different computers using a browser. TELUS really doesn't know who owns what device.

Now if your browser settings are different on your computer then that's a different story and really not under the control of TELUS.

Well I'll be darned 'xray'. I tried a different computer that had a different browser and Windows 10, instead of my usual Windows 11 browser.
After getting the code from my wife I was able to log in smoothly and had full access to our account! So, I am going to load an additional browser on my usual desktop that is compatible with the Telus login and go from there. Thanks 'xray'