cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security and Android updates

Canada100
Organizer
Just got a TCL 20 5G a few weeks ago. The security update says February 2022 and haven't heard anything about the Android update, either. Any ideas what's going on or when to expect the updates, if ever?
4 REPLIES 4

Fabylous
Neighbourhood Alum
Neighbourhood Alum

Hi @Canada100 we have a software update calendar in our neighborhood you can consult from time to time. It is updated on a regular basis.  If you did not get the update try to do a power cycle with your phone.  Here is the link to the calendar:  https://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility/Software-Update-Schedule/ta-p/53566

Still no updates to my TCL 20 Pro 5G. No update to Android 12, and no security update since February update, and I got this phone in April from Telus. What is going on? I have power cycled the device several times and still no updates.

So the update schedule said there was suppose to be an update yesterday, and no update. I read the disclaimer, but it seems someone, whether it's the device manufacturer, or the carrier, is dragging their feet. Telus, give an update when update to software will be pushed out.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Updates usually roll out over a period of time starting on the date supplied by the manufacturer. It often is some days before all phones are updated. If you want more timely updates, Apple rolls out their updates independent of the carriers.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"