cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't receive any text codes from Telegram on my prepaid flip phone.

Nori
Neighbour

I have been trying to make an account on Telegram though, my Telus prepaid flip phone can't receive their confirmation text codes. Do anyone know why? Does it have to be a smart phone?

6 REPLIES 6

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

No, it doesn't have to be a Smart phone; you can set it up with apps such as TextNow. Have you set up any blocks on your phone?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Thank you for your help! 😊 I checked TextNow but it looks like I need a smart phone to use that app. Also I haven't set up any blocks on my Alcatel flip phone(no internet connection).

My phone can receive text codes from other websites other than Telegram. hummm...🤔

rc
Rockstar

From their web site 

: Which devices can I use?

You can use Telegram on smartphones, tablets, and even computers. We have apps for iOS (9.0 and above), Android (6.0 and up), a native macOS app and a universal desktop app for Windows, macOS, and Linux. Telegram Web can also help to quickly do something on the go.

Thank you for looking for those info! It helps! 😊 I have an Amazon Fire tablet, so will go to the library to use their Free Wifi and try to connect Telegram. B the way, the universal desktop app for Windows didn't work on my Win 10.

rc
Rockstar

I think telegram wraps it text in html so it will not work on a non smartphone 

Nori
Neighbour

Thank you for your time, Rockstar. Wishing you very Merry Christmas. 🎄😊