cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Friday Deal issue

molassesdad
Just Moved In

I opted to get an iphone 13 with the bring it back program that made it free, along with an 85/month plan and was given a 10 dollar credit per month. This was on Friday. 

I got a call confirming everything on Monday, the phone arrived on Tuesday. I went about trying to activate it and couldn't at the kiosk in the mall, being informed that because I was activating the sim card a day late I wouldn't get the deal and that i needed to call. 

I was on the phone for about 4 hours, it was finally activated, only when I looked at my bill specifications, I am not being given the free phone, and my bill is 95/a month plus tax no 10 dollar credit. 

I wouldn't have ordered this phone had I known that I would be paying this amount of money. There has been no real information other than a few emails, nothing about a customer agreement, the rep on the phone also didn't disclose this would be the bill. 

I can't get a hold of anyone, i am not being offered any callback service, I don't even know who to contact to dispute this.

I did this all online myself, I don't know if it was a mistake to think that things would run smoothly if I did this independently, but I am very anxious and very disappointed if I am not stuck in a 24 month contract I didn't intend to sign up for. 

Any help and direction would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Adrigph
Just Moved In
As per the Wireless Code regulated by CRTC:
"Trial period
You can return your cellphone within 15 days, without penalty, if you are unhappy with your service. Use up to half of your allowed monthly usage during the trial period.

Persons with disabilities: You can return your cellphone within 30 days, without penalty, if you are unhappy with your service. Use up to 100% of your allowed monthly usage during the trial period."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Adrigph
Just Moved In
As per the Wireless Code regulated by CRTC:
"Trial period
You can return your cellphone within 15 days, without penalty, if you are unhappy with your service. Use up to half of your allowed monthly usage during the trial period.

Persons with disabilities: You can return your cellphone within 30 days, without penalty, if you are unhappy with your service. Use up to 100% of your allowed monthly usage during the trial period."

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Discounts are usually applied in the first full month. Usually there is a period of less than a month at the start of your contract, after which the bill normalizes.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"