cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to 1.5 Gbps - Will I be able to keep promotional discounts?

Hello, I currently have PureFibre 940 Mbps internet, and I am currently 3 months into my 2 year term with this service, which gives me $46 dollars off the regular price of $135. So currently I am paying $89 for the 940 Mbps service, which is the current advertised rate. I want to upgrade to the 1.5 Gbps service, but when I log into my account to upgrade it, I am only seeing the price listed as being $165/month, meaning I would lose the $46 discount I currently have. When I go to the main Telus internet sales page, they are advertising the 1.5 Gpbs plan as also having a $46 promotional savings, meaning new sign ups would get this for $119/month. Would Telus allow me to upgrade and keep my $46 promotional savings? Would this upgrade count as breaking my contract? I still want to honor the term I have, and am willing to start my term over again if that's what it takes.

2 REPLIES 2

polecat
All-Star

@WoozyPolarBear  Customers only here. You can't get promos unless not being an telus internet customer for the previous 90 days. The 1.5 might not be available in your area. It's in the conditions on promo site. Penalty for remainder of contract. Telus rules.

DrPacman
Rockstar

@WoozyPolarBear Wrote: When I go to the main Telus internet sales page, they are advertising the 1.5 Gpbs plan as also having a $46 promotional savings, meaning new sign ups would get this for $119/month. Would Telus allow me to upgrade.

Currently the offer in my area for new customer service activations in the 1.5Gbps fibre is being offered at $109.00 on a 2 year term. Slightly reduced from your above quote.

From past experience I would call Telus Loyalty/Retention agents, and explain that you want to continue your service, and that in fact you want to upgrade your current service.

Again, from my own experience  they were very good to deal with. Waved any penalties, upgraded my service with a promotional pricing that is very competitive. Remember your the type of customer Telus wants to retain in the long run. One that doesn't mind paying a little extra for premium services.

The following number and departments should be able to assist, Technical Support: 1-888-811-2323, Account, billing & sales support: same number: 1-888-811-2323.

Good luck on your upgrade.... Cheers...

If you find this post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.