cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus Pricing

jonbar3
Just Moved In

Just looked at my bill, I am paying $236 a month for internet 75, tv and phone. I dont have the top tier of tv and the most basic phone. My internet is spotty at best and slow, some days it hits it speed other days it isnt even close. Does anyone else feel like they are getting ripped off with the price from Telus? If I were a new customer I could pay half of what I do for 5x the internet speed and the same TV package, but because I have been a loyal customer for 30 years they feel they can overcharge me at will. Does anyone have experience with Shaw, good or bad? 

2 REPLIES 2

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

When your last contract ended, did you ever call in and ask for a better rate? When a contract ends, Telus legally can't just change your bundle. You would need to talk to them and Shaw is the same way.

I recently called in for my dad who was on 75 with TV (basic+sports) and basic home phone after his contract ended and his monthly cost bumped up to about $235ish similar to you. I managed to get him on a new two year contract for about $130 per month + tax. That's what is available to new users also. Only change was he was bumped up to 250 since 75 (fibre) was no longer available. For $20 more you could get gigabit fibre, if available in your area. If you have more channel packs or the fully featured home phone, the monthly price will be different. 

Call in and tell the robot system that answers 'Loyalty'. I find as long as I'm courteous and polite with them, it's rather easy to get a better rate.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

jonbar3
Just Moved In

Telus wasn't that interested in keeping my business, I cancelled my service for the end of this billing cycle. ill go to Shaw. I'll switch my companies cell service to Rogers as well and take that money too. They seem interested in my business.