cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System compromised?

DuncanFindlay
Neighbour

I called TELUS Jan 10th for the purpose of topping up my account and getting details of minutes remaining. The rep beat around the bush and said he would take care of everything. Don’t be concerned. But in making a call back later, nothing had been done. The followup agent, a lady,  took care of my needs.  In talking with the first agent today, he said my entire system, telephone, Mac computer and iPad had  been compromised. He is not adequately explain how he knew and what evidence he had to support his allegation. He then proceeded he would install a system to remedy the problem for $199.00 and then followed to say that I would be entitled as a senior to get a price of $149.00. I asked him the name of the system but he would not do so. I reviewed any systems that could have been compromised but found none. I asked to send me the details by email, which he did not. I took it as a fear tactic. Is this a normal part of Telus’ marketing plan?

Very disappointed in Telus’ response. Thinking of changing suppliers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

polecat
All-Star

@DuncanFindlay   First thing monday morning phone billing and have them verify that your account has not being compromised. Did you get the followup agents name also the other persons name to. Billing can find out what numbers you phoned and make sure things are ok. Have them let you know by way of an email so you have hard copy. New passwords are in order for you for sure.  Good luck  Polecat

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

That sounds a lot like you called one of the tech support scams out of India... Are you absolutely sure you called the correct number for Telus?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

I used the correct number, I am quite sure.

polecat
All-Star

@DuncanFindlay   First thing monday morning phone billing and have them verify that your account has not being compromised. Did you get the followup agents name also the other persons name to. Billing can find out what numbers you phoned and make sure things are ok. Have them let you know by way of an email so you have hard copy. New passwords are in order for you for sure.  Good luck  Polecat

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Even sooner than Monday. TELUS service is available 7 days. Their contact number is in the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.

You can check your prepaid balance and minutes remaining online. No need to call.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Thanks for the suggestion, Polecat. Like your ID, too.

Duncan