cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purefibre Installation teasing/frustration

cellarboy
Friendly Neighbour

Over the last five or six months we have been inundated with teasing mailouts saying Purefibre is being installed in our area. After the first set of mailouts Telus techs even came and marked the lawn in front of the house. Then nothing.

Out of the blue another cycle of mailouts started about 2 months ago, I think we got the "installation is starting!" one about 3 or so weeks ago and again, absolutely nothing.

No one at Telus customer care seem to know anything. 

Does anyone have any idea how long this process generally takes? The mailers are becoming a joke in the house, finding the last one on the kitchen counter with the hand written note from my wife "hopefully before our kid goes to college" on it (our kid is 8...LOL)

Wouldn't be so bad but the consistency of speeds on our copper lines is awful and driving us bonkers.

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

DrPacman
Rockstar

@cellarboy Wrote: Does anyone have any idea how long this process generally takes?

My suggestion would be to contact Telus and discuss what your options may be.

I'd start with the chat function, and if that doesn't work, the following number and departments should be able to assist, Technical Support: 1-888-811-2323, Account, billing & sales support: same number: 1-888-811-2323.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo", or mark as "Solution", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

cellarboy
Friendly Neighbour

Have already taken both these approaches with neither of them resulting in any fruitful information.

@cellarboy Wrote: Have already taken both these approaches with neither of them resulting in any fruitful information.

Sorry to hear that, best suggestion I could muster to help.... Cheers...

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo", or mark as "Solution", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

polecat
All-Star

@cellarboy  Telus does not release start times for this. Start time in 2015 for our town ----was janurary 2016 for heavy constriction crew to run the big fiber cable - then splicing crew to supply junction points for house drops then nothing for 2 months untill  different crew who only do the drops to the houses. A lot of people asked for fiber fall 2016 -- 2- 3 months to get the service. I applied for fiber in Feb 2017 got it in july that year along with phone put on fiber our phone on copper was worse than terrible on copper.  Telus has downsized their crews a long ways in last 3 years. Service is not plug and play. Only so many construction crews anymore they are contracting out with problems.

cellarboy
Friendly Neighbour

Thanks for the information.  Much appreciated.

I understand all the logistic issues, but if they are not ready to start, then they need to stop littering our mailboxes with their junk mail *telling* us they ARE about to start. At one point we were getting a flyer every 2 to 3 days for several weeks and as I mentioned, the flyers started again a few weeks ago.

Mind you this is the company I've told repeatedly to stop calling regarding their security services and still get probably one call every 6 days from them about it. LOL

Fisherguy
Ambassador

They sent us a bunch of letters too, took months before we actually saw any signs of cable being placed etc.
There should be contact info in your letter, that would be the place to start but you still have to take what they say with a grain of salt.  Keep in mind everything including the engineering for these jobs (what I used to do) is now contracted out and these contractors are hard to pin down and really don't like dealing with customers it seems.
We got our first letter spring of 2021, they had most of the cable placed and spliced by the end of 2021, started running drops to houses this spring.  We're still waiting for our fibre to be connected.