cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Tech support

JamesKodiak
Organizer

Is anyone else frustrated by the AI that Telus is using to route support requests. I have spent hours going through the same steps with a chatbot, on-line and then eventually with someone on a call. I have had calls to support dropped twice this morning trying to solve a problem with internet speed. The call screening voice assistant could not understand the response to its question. Not sure what exactly is going on but it's not good.

9 REPLIES 9

BWakeman
Neighbour

Agre  - he AI is totally useless.  I'm leaving Telus ASAP.  My home internet has cut out 3x in the past week leaving my wife unable to work from her remote office and costing her vacation time.  We've spent literally hours of frustration. It went out again for 2hrs today so I booked a call with them using the AI and when I got a call, the woman was only trying to upsell me more services. Told her I wasn't interested in any more services, that I booked a call back about an issue and she said ok we'll get that for you and the call was disconnected. 

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hi, we're sorry to hear about your frustrating experience with our support services. We understand how important reliable internet is, especially when working from home. The AI is meant to streamline support, but we clearly need to do better in ensuring it actually helps resolve issues without adding more frustration.

Please send us a private message with your account details, and we'll do our best to help with the internet issues and address any concerns you have. 

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

It used to be great but my 3rd call in and they don’t know how to fix it. When I ask for tier 2 support they won’t transfer you! 

Sorry to hear about your experience, we'd be happy to take a look. Please send us a private message if you'd like us to investigate. 

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

@JamesKodiak We’re sorry to hear about your frustration with our AI-based support system. It’s intended to make the support process more efficient, but it’s clear that hasn’t been the case for you. 

Please send us a private message with your account details, and we’ll assist with your internet speed issue.

Hi there,

I sent you a message yesterday that has not been responded to as yet. I the meantime our internet speed as actually decreased from about 75 to about 50. Can you explain this.

best

jim S

Hey Jim, we did not receive a private message here on the Neighbourhood. We will send you a message so we can assist

Hi there,

I responded to your PM and verified my account but still no answer.

best,

jim S

Cathop
Organizer

Totally agree.  I have been a Telus home phone/internet customer for

3 days and already totally frustrated at the customer service or complete lack of.   What a mess. Huge regret over switching from

previous carrier