cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I upgraded to PureFibre 1.5 GB but speed remains 1GB

MariuszStepien
Neighbour

It is a simple set up, one hard wired computer and Cat6 cable. Telus support not very helpful. I'm confused - did all the restarts etc... Any suggestions ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@MariuszStepien Wrote: which should support connection up to 10GB

No sorry, it only supports a 1Gbps connection... Cheers...

If you find this post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

dgstevenson
Ambassador

@MariuszStepien Wrote: It is a simple set up, one hard wired computer and Cat6 cable.

A number of caveats on installing 1.5Gbps internet:

1. Telus says that the 1.5Gbps is cumulative i.e you'll see a total of 1.5Gbps download amongst all your devices. Not necessarily on a single device.

2. Some of us have created systems that can, and do support the total bandwidth on a single connection.

3. Undertaking the creation that supports a single connection is not for the faint of heart. You require additional hardware, and some knowledge to obtain these speeds.

My suggestion would be to have a gander at the following YouTube videos' for an idea of what may be involved with what you want to achieve.... Cheers...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WWO_4p4UP0&list=RDLV2P6Miz-wRcw&index=2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzk69kHLu1o

If you find this post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

What is the speed limit of your network card on your computer? Likely 1GB.

@FuzzyLogic Likely 1GB.

Thank you for this... I checked my reply and noticed that I had plum forgot to mention this point... Cheers...

My Ethernet - 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector) - which should support connection up to 10GB

@MariuszStepien Wrote: which should support connection up to 10GB

No sorry, it only supports a 1Gbps connection... Cheers...

That's helpful thank you.