cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diablo IV and PS5 network connection issues

DarrenRD
Neighbour

When playing Diablo IV on my PS5, it keeps dropping off the network. I've tried wired (direct to the router/modem) & wireless, I've changed to the Google DNS addresses, I've rebooted the router/modem...nothing fixes it. I'm maxed out at 75 Mbps on copper lines. Using the T3200 router/modem. The game was mostly fine when it first came out. Any ideas would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Agreed. While there's always the issue of the issue being on the game's server side, if restarting your equipment doesn't do the trick then your best bet may be to reach out to our team to have them investigate further from their end.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Toki1
Neighbour

If your PS5 wifi speed is reading 75 Mbps then thats why. Your playing a big game and Telus wifi is super weak. I mean my PS4 would run 10-15 Mbps and it was frustrating. They will make you upgrade your plan for extra on the argument that your PS5 needs more wifi speed. However I am assuming your wifi plan offers a much higher speed but your PS5 receives a weak slow speed. I am in the same boat here, my PS5 wifi is slower than my PS4 somehow. 

When I said to Telus the wifi was slow on my PS4 they said it's because I need to upgrade my wifi, now I think they will say the same argument again. 

Luckily my PS5 runs 100-150 Mbps wireless connection but it still drops below 60 Mbps every so often playing GTA 5 online. 

Your best route is to either complain to Telus, maybe connect a booster to PS5, update PS5 wifi settings, or try wireless wifi connection. 

Telus won't help though I will bet you that. Only will offer to upgrade plan to $100+ a month or "reset" wifi which does nothing but waste time.

Toki1
Neighbour

Yeah I forgot to say earlier, one time they did send me the T3200 in replacement of my white Fiber Optic one. It was horrible! It's definitely the router your are using. Ask Telus for a different one. If I'm correct the T3200 is a black one right? If so it's pure junk and sucks at wifi connections and speeds. I sent it back within 2 days. 

El-Eric

Hey @DarrenRD - that is strange behavior. We could try replacing the modem to see if that helps the issue but are you experiencing this only in Diablo IV? Any other games affected?

Disney Dreamlight Valley has the odd dropped connection, but comes back quickly. Nowhere near the frequency Diablo is doing. The modem was replaced 2 months ago due to Optik pixelation issues and stuttering & dropped connection with On Demand. (We noticed recently On Demand is still doing its issue, I just hadn't called in yet.) Was going to check some other always-live games this weekend.

Please let us know how it goes. We are here to help!

This morning, was able to stream Gotham Knights (about an hour) and play Elden Ring. Diablo IV lost network connection, and so did Path of Exile. Both games lost connection within 5 minutes of in-game play. Was stable at character screens, although Diablo has timed out during character screen too. So confusing.

Agreed. While there's always the issue of the issue being on the game's server side, if restarting your equipment doesn't do the trick then your best bet may be to reach out to our team to have them investigate further from their end.