cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boost Wi-Fi Question

Ektisa
Just Moved In

I have the latest router and two Wi-Fi Boost devices. With the new router I no longer need to keep one booster plugged in with RJ45.  I have setup the boosters and they both have a solid blue light and both show up in my mobile app under the Network as having a good connection. However, when I setup my laptop or tablet I do not see the booster in my list of "available networks". If I connect to the wi-fi provided by my router can I assume it will automatically use whichever booster is giving the strongest signal even though I don't connect to any boosters in my network list?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

By default any Telus boost devices added to your network will get the same SSID as your router. Wi-Fi devices should connect to whatever access point has the strongest signal.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

By default any Telus boost devices added to your network will get the same SSID as your router. Wi-Fi devices should connect to whatever access point has the strongest signal.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

That's what I'd hoped was the case. Thank you very much for your reply. 

When I set up the boosters with my previous modem/router they showed up as separate networks in the network list, but I prefer this new configuration.