cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another user with a downed line - Hazardous

PaulConsidine
Just Moved In

Impossible to get through either by phone or chat.
It's been down for 8 months and I still can't get anyone to look at fixing the issue.
The line(s) are all curled up in my neighbour's yard to avoid them getting tangled up in cars driving by.
Totally unacceptable that TELUS has their product hanging from a pole that could be considered a hazard and I can't get them to fix it, perhaps if I put it back on the road, then they might get the message.
If anyone but a chatbot at TELUS would like to reach me, RESPOND.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

As one of the Telus employees posted previously on a similar post:

Go to our network page at www.telus.com/status and in the top right you'll see a green 'Report an outage' button. Then, choose the right button that also says 'Report an Outage'. You'll see a form to fill out your contact info and address of the damaged cable. Check off the 'Cable damage or low hanging wire' box, enter some info in the open field and attach a photo (if you'd like) and fire it off to our team. Someone will be in touch asap!

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

As one of the Telus employees posted previously on a similar post:

Go to our network page at www.telus.com/status and in the top right you'll see a green 'Report an outage' button. Then, choose the right button that also says 'Report an Outage'. You'll see a form to fill out your contact info and address of the damaged cable. Check off the 'Cable damage or low hanging wire' box, enter some info in the open field and attach a photo (if you'd like) and fire it off to our team. Someone will be in touch asap!

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Thanks for the heads up on a way to perhaps get behind the TELUS curtain.
I'll be pleasantly surprised if someone reacts to this.
It's amazing in this day and age that you can't just talk to somebody locally who knows what is going on, and instead you're communicating through multiple different layers of first call teams within another country, only to be put on hold for an hour +.
The coup de gras and the absurdity is that the chatbot goes round and round with no measurable productivity adding only extreme frustration to customers or potential customers, clearly a level of unchecked insanity.

Thanks again for the pointer.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

We always aim to pleasantly surprise.  @Nighthawk is right, you can utilize that process. And you can always ask questions here in the community and we'll do our best to be of service.