cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admin Login to Telus Wifi 6 Access Point & Device wont connect.

Hogan
Organizer

So I just got Pure Fibre. Its all hooked up & working well. But I have a problem that a couple of devices only can only connect to the 2.4 (or whatever) bandwidth. So my research has told me that supposedly if you login to the Modem, you can change the connection setting for that particular device.

So with my  previous modem I was able to figure out how to get into the Modem, by going to 192.168.1.254 IP Address and logging in as "admin". And using the password on the modem/ Telus Wifi 6 Access Point or a password I created. But I try & try & try & I keep on not being able to login.

Can anyone enlighten me

2 REPLIES 2

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Here's what you can try:

1. Accessing the Modem Interface

• IP Address: For most Telus routers, the IP address to access the admin interface is typically 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.
  • Login Credentials:
    • Username: Usually, the default username is admin.
    • Password: This can be the default password found on the modem (often on a sticker) or a password you might have set previously.

2. Troubleshooting Login Issues

• Incorrect IP Address: Double-check that you use the correct IP address. If 192.168.1.254 isn’t working, try 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.
  • Username/Password Issues:
    • If you’ve forgotten the custom password you set, you may need to reset the modem to factory settings by holding down the reset button (usually with a pin) for about 10-15 seconds.
  • Router/Modem Reset: If you’ve reset the router, the login credentials will revert to the default settings on the modem’s label.

3. Changing the 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz Settings

• Once logged in, navigate to the wireless settings.
  • Look for options to separate or combine the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands.
  • If the bands are combined under a single SSID (Wi-Fi name), some devices might struggle to connect to the appropriate band.
  • Consider separating the bands by giving them distinct names (e.g., YourWiFi_2.4 and YourWiFi_5).

4. Device Connection Issue

• If your device can only connect to 2.4 GHz, ensure that the 2.4 GHz network is enabled and broadcasting.
  • After separating the bands, manually connect the device to the 2.4 GHz network by selecting it from the available Wi-Fi networks on the device.

5. Firmware Updates

• Sometimes, issues like this can be resolved with a firmware update. Check within the modem interface if there's an update available.

If you continue to have issues, contact tech support and they can provide more specific guidance based on your exact router model.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Darren_P
Organizer

You need to login to the WiFi Booster, not the Fibre Hub.

The ip for mine is 192.168.1.15

The hub is 192.168.1.254