cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Payment With Debit VIsa Card

daschenbrener
Neighbour

We have tried to use our Debit Visa card for online payment and it does not work.

Is this feature going to be added?

And or why don't you have a PayPal payment as an option either as an alternative. 

Thank You

2 REPLIES 2

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

From my experience with Visa Debit cards where I work, the mailing address for the bank account and the address on file with the merchant (ie Telus) has to match exactly or the transaction fails. It may be the same issue here.

PayPal is an American payment company. It is fully unregulated, uninsured (ie FDIC/CDIC), and there have been tons of horror stories over the years of problems people had with PayPal. Plus PayPal has it's own fees for both merchants and end users. People are unhappy with the 1.75% fee for cards here now but PayPal charges more. (2.90% + their fixed fee.)

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I just make a deferred payment through my online banking as soon as I review the bill. Takes no more effort than paying with a card. I could have set up automatic debit, but this method forces me to review the bill.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"