This September, kids of many ages will take a huge step: getting their first phone. Other than Christmas, back-to-school is the most popular time for parents to buy mobile devices for their children.
If you know someone getting their first mobile device this month, check out the TELUS Wise website. TELUS Wise is about empowering Canadians of all ages to embrace being part of our digital society safely and positively. In addition to online resources, the program includes in-person training.
- Through our TELUS Wise footprint challenge, children learn how to keep their digital footprint clean at an early age.
- Teens and young adults learn how to protect and grow their online reputation thoughtfully and positively through our TELUS Wise for youth resources.
- Parents learn how to talk to their kids about how to safely engage in social media or safely intervene when they witness cyberbullying.
Other resources worth looking at:
- Telus Online Basics helps people who are just getting started with digital technology to learn basic, everyday digital skills.
- Read these tips from TELUS Wise to help keep yourself and your family safe in our digital world.