cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cellular back up?

mstcai
Just Moved In

I understand that the security system runs on WiFi, but I asked the salesperson about cellular back up for outages, he said we would have to get a Rural Smart Hub, which is $75 a month. Is this right? It seems very strange that there is no backup standard with the security system. This is for small business if it makes a difference. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus security has a cell phone backup built in. It uses that as a fallback if you lose your Wi-Fi Connection. As long as you're in cell phone coverage it will use that as backup. I am positive the home and business panel are the same. A smart hub is for rural customer for internet over the cellular network. I assume you already have internet services where you are?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus security has a cell phone backup built in. It uses that as a fallback if you lose your Wi-Fi Connection. As long as you're in cell phone coverage it will use that as backup. I am positive the home and business panel are the same. A smart hub is for rural customer for internet over the cellular network. I assume you already have internet services where you are?

I appreciate the response. That's what I thought. We have internet services and are in a city with great cell phone coverage.