cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADT customer of 10+ years with access issues to TelusSmartHome video clips

dustytrail
Just Moved In

Been with ADT for over ten years. 1.5 years ago I upgraded my at the time "ADT by Telus" security system to video. Registered with alarm.com and was able to view video clips there. Now, that is no longer possible. Alarm. com does not seem to recognize my login credentials anymore! This is news to me. I was not informed that this would happen... Now, when I click on "saved video clips" underneath the video shot,  which I receive on email, I am forwarded to a Telus SmartHome Security login page and prompted to enter my email and password. Apparently, I am not in that system because when I use the login credentials for the Telus SmartHome Security account I recently created (or so I thought), I am told that that the user name and password don't match records. My ultimate goal was to sync the alarm account with my Telus Mobility account -- **which I have also had for over 10 years**. (Please take note Telus that a long-time customer is feeling left in the dark...  ) When I called Telus home security for help with the matter just now, I was told the wait time for a response was 1 hour, but they did offer the option of a callback within the hour, which is a good thing. Didn't like the thought of preparing a meal and being on hold... I am hoping this is an easy fix bccause  from my perspective, the service monitoring I am paying for has been mysteriously downgraded without my knowledge and consent because I can't see the video clips... Looking forward to a swift response  from Telus. 

2 REPLIES 2

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I find I have to login through the Telus.com site, and then navigate to Home Security. Attempted login through the Alarm.com site no longer works. I use my Telus credentials, not my Alarm.com credentials.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

dustytrail
Just Moved In

The callback came within the time frame promised, and the agent was extremely helpful.  I downloaded the Telus app on my phone and needed to reset the password; the agent was on the line during this time and was very helpful. Very pleased customer.