cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Websites and internet loads slow despite fast download speed

socks
Just Moved In

I just had my internet installed today, I ordered the 3GB package. Fresh modem and fresh router but when I load up a website my browser doesn't have cached it takes multiple minutes to load and often times out.

I have power cycled the network a couple times, I have tried swapping the Telus router for my router (Asus ROG AX6000) and I am getting the same behaviour. I have tried with my Macbook and my Desktop, both are wireless. I know it would be ideal to test wired to the router but the modem and router were not set up in a place where I can connect my desktop.

Has anyone experienced this? I was expecting better results with a fresh install and am very disappointed. The installer is coming tomorrow to move the router closer to my desktop to test wired but honestly even if it works I still need the wireless to work as well and he said he can't help with that.

5 REPLIES 5

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I have experienced slow downloads at times, but at the moment, the best next step is to confirm with a wired connection, as scheduled.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

RPO
Just Moved In
Did you resolve this? I'm having a similar issue, even over hardwired connections.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Have you spoken with our Tech Support team about this speed issue?

RPO
Just Moved In
Hi A-B,
Thank you for messaging back!
I have yes, spent a few hours on the phone with support. Then a tech came out and replaced the NAH as they said they saw errors that the hub wasn't updating itself.

Mine doesn't seem to be a speed issue. It seems more like the internet just stops working for 10 seconds and once it comes back is great for 10 minutes and then stops again. I think stalling or hesitating might be the best way to describe it.

I've tried many scenarios inside my house. My own mesh system connected directly to the hub had the same issue (even in bridge mode). I thought perhaps my cables in the walls were causing it, so I put my shaw modem next to the NAH and ran it off the same cable and everything was fine (so I don't believe that is it).

I'm almost positive it is the NAH or the actual line coming from the street. Unless anything on my profile could be causing it?

I've read this site and reddit. Maybe folks describe similar issues but the resolutions are always something different.

Thank you,
RPO

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

It's definitely hard to say at this point. You could always reach out to our Tech Support team and have them escalate this for further investigation as it appears equipment replacement didn't do the trick.