cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video and Audio still freezes!

Calmo2
Friendly Neighbour
I have had this problem since I moved from Fernie B.C. to Cranbrook B.C. it has been 16 months now! I have phoned in this problem many times and they try to fix it over the phone, which works for a while then goes back to the same problem. I have had your technicians come to my place many times and they have tried their best to fix the problem but they say it is an old copper wire system and even while they have manage to fix it for a while, then the problem comes back again! I never had this problem when I was on the optic system in Fernie. It is pretty hard to watch the news when both the video and audio freezes anywhere from 5 to 10 seconds!!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Calmo2
Friendly Neighbour
I rebooted both the wi-fi wireless boxes and the main modem.Th e TV seems to be fine now but we will see how long it last before in starts doing the same thing again! Thanks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @Calmo2 How often do you perform a reboot? Not turning the TV on and Off but performing a box restart. I know it sounds basic, but I've seen many users say this helps. 

Calmo2
Friendly Neighbour
I have rebooted both wi-fi boxes and main modem a few times. When I have phones for technical support they usually do a test on their end and fix a few things and that usually works for a while then it comes back after a month or two! I have had technicians come to my house and they have replaced the two refurbished wi-fi boxes and they have replaced the modem once. The technicians seems to think the problem is in the main boxes up the street from me because I am not the only one in my area that have ha the same problem!

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @Calmo2 , when you say wi-fi boxes are you referring to the wireless TV boxes? I was referring to rebooting the TV boxes! 

Calmo2
Friendly Neighbour
I rebooted both the wi-fi wireless boxes and the main modem.Th e TV seems to be fine now but we will see how long it last before in starts doing the same thing again! Thanks.