cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing not acquired Error - On Demand

optikuser1
Just Moved In
When I try to watch anything On Demand on any of our boxes the error “Licensing not acquired” and code 0-80004005 comes up. I’m still able to watch On Demand through the OptikTV app though. I’ve tried restarting the boxes, modem etc several times and nothing seems to be working. I tried the chat and it tells me to call in. I’m trying to avoid calling in as I don’t have the time to be on the phone while they tell me to try unplugging and plugging everything back in when I’ve already done that. Any ideas??
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @optikuser1 @Tigger @TelusSucksBad @katchoo @Mavadines @riddler1473 @JAVEY @Scottps @JenCG @Rackcity 

The team discovered an issue yesterday evening affecting VOD playback on 4K PVRs and Wireless Digital Boxes. It should be resolved now - if you are still encountering an error I would recommend rebooting your box and trying again. Thanks for your patience.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Rackcity
Just Moved In
No ideas but it’s happening to me right now too and all I did was come home lol. Maybe systemwide issue.?!

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @optikuser1 @Tigger @TelusSucksBad @katchoo @Mavadines @riddler1473 @JAVEY @Scottps @JenCG @Rackcity 

The team discovered an issue yesterday evening affecting VOD playback on 4K PVRs and Wireless Digital Boxes. It should be resolved now - if you are still encountering an error I would recommend rebooting your box and trying again. Thanks for your patience.

CathyC1
Just Moved In

Having had the same issue, and calling Telus, a very friendly technical rep told me it was a system wide problem that was being worked on. This morning everything is fine. To all those saying Telus sucks (and worse!) when dealing with any computer equipment, s*** sometimes happens! I have been with Telus for many years now and this is the first issue of this kind we have experienced! We originally switched from Shaw because of poor overall service - waiting up to 2 weeks for a service call was only one issue! Any issue with Telus equipment has been fixed with a phone call! Kudos to Telus from a long time satisfied customer! 

Mine is still doing this tonight, never happened before

JAVEY
Just Moved In

Also happening to me tonight! Tried restarting modem and digital box twice without luck. It must be something going on at Telus' end...

OK, I’m now having the exact same issue, so I’ve rebooted my entire Internet and will see if that works

Same issues. Not new TV (LG) and main PVR can't watch any Crave. But can on other rooms/boxes. Bah humbug, Telus. Was supposed to be an Elf kinda night with the family.

All of my on demand shows are now showing this error message,
Can’t watch anything on demand
I’ve rebooted all and am now on the phone with them
Sent from my iPhone

riddler1473
Just Moved In

Error 0x80004005, you cant watch anything on Crave and their Optik TV section of the website is down (if you are logged in). Telus support is so trash, chat bot has no clue how to diagnose errors their own hardware provides. Next available call back is in tomorrow at 5:30pm. 

Tigger
Just Moved In
I am having the same issue and it only started a couple hours ago, I was watching a show on crave through the telus box and then the next episode would not play and nothing else will played either. I would get the same error code everytime. It must be a telus issue if it's happening to so many people all of a sudden at the same time. Money wasted, getting tired of paying for services that don't work like they should.

Well at least I’m not the only one then. Hopefully it’s on the backend and they can resolve it without having to call in.

This is so stupid. Having same issue here. Reset everything 3 times and nothing.

Same here, I guess there is no point in re-starting anything as you all have tried that to no avail. Kind of glad it isn’t just me.

Having this same issue here as well. I have 3 different boxes and none of them are working. Had the same issue about a week ago however a box restart solved it. I've restarted all 3 boxes today and nothing seems to be working. Frustrating to say the least