cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus Tv + on a Mac

Smokey146
Helpful Neighbour

I have this on through the day.  Last 2-3 days it cuts off after about 10-15 minutes.  Never happened before.  What's up?

17 REPLIES 17

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Which browser are you using and can you describe what you mean by 'cuts off'? Does the video feed stop and return you to the home screen? Does the app crash? Or does your computer go to sleep? If it's the latter, you may need to check your sleep timer settings.

RobbieBert
Helpful Neighbour

Having the same issue on my PC..it closes the station your watching and returns to the home screen.  Been happening for the past few days, have not done any updates on my PC or changes since it started or beforehand.

RobbieBert
Helpful Neighbour

-

Smokey146
Helpful Neighbour

Still happening this morning.  Browser is Chrome.  As RobbieBert said it closes the station and returns to the home screen.  Happens after less than 5 minutes.

RobbieBert
Helpful Neighbour

Is there a way to check if the developer made any changes, being that it is a new issue and I haven't installed any system updates yet.  Being that multiple customers on multiple platforms are having the issue, I would be interested if we are chasing our tails. 

Thank you

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I generally don't watch on my MacBook Air, but am doing so today. So far, it has been over half an hour without difficulty.

Ventura 13.4.1 (22F82)

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

RobbieBert
Helpful Neighbour

'

RobbieBert
Helpful Neighbour

I was having the same issue on my PC. Just tried something and it seems to have worked.  When your watching a station you select from the Guide.  If you gotto the address bar and click on the sliding bars,  you are able to adjust some settings.  There is an option to turn off (allow pop ups and redirects).  I turned that off and seems to have worked. 

Hopefully I was descriptive enough for you do that?

Cheers

I assume you would mean in my Chrome settings?

Yes Smokey, with Chrome.  Although it appears that did not fix the issue sorry.  Was looking good but have a feeling if your just watching and not moving you mouse or showing activity, it will start happening again.  I'm going to check sleep and screen saver settings, but as everyone else having this issue, I feel it may have been an update the developer did? sigh

grimmt1
Organizer

My PC started having this issue yesterday.  It returns to the Guide after 4.5 min.

I've been using MS Edge and I tried the "Allow pop ups and redirects" and also disabled Adblocker with no success.

I also tried full screen vs windowed, again with no success.

I have just tried using Firefox and it seems to be working for me.   It's been 30 min now and the show is still playing.
When I get a chance, I'll see if I can determine what causes the issue in Edge.

grimmt1
Organizer

Quick update on Firefox - sometime between 30 min and 1 hour (I left the application playing and walked away), an error dialog popped up saying "This browser is not supported" while the program continued playing in the background and when I clicked on OK to clear the dialog, it fell back to the Guide.

I clicked on the guide and started another show, apparently the browser is supported again.   Something very weird going on with the PC application (and I'm guessing the Mac app too).

Yeah...when I disabled the pop-ups and redirects, it appears to have worked for me. I don't use edge ..just chrome.

Excellent 👍

Will give it a go.  

The Chrome fix didn't work for me, so i switched to Safari which worked....until 2 days ago.  Now the same problem there.  I'm beyond frustrated with TELUS.

st0106
Advocate
Btw, does Telus offers exactly the same 1080P feed under the bitrate on other platforms other than TV? I know Bell never maintains the same pic quality outside TV. Is Telus different?