cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus TV + cloud pvr

RichardBz
Neighbour
Recording ends before the program ends and automatically goes to the next recording. When are changes coming to extend the length of the recording.
11 REPLIES 11

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Extending recording length is definitely on our team's roadmap, and they're actively working on it for a future release!

Can you provide a date when the next update is scheduled for?

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Unfortunately don't have a date for that at this moment.

Do you know if this will allow you to contract recording times as well?

In BC on ch 104, Global Morning News is on from 6 to 9am.  If I only want the 7-8am part of it, could I set it to record that series (or set Mon-Fri since I'm not sure series recording works for that news program that doesn't have episode numbers) but start 55 mins late, and end 55 minutes early?

Sparky1960
Friendly Neighbour

Yes the interface needs a major update the current version does not work for series recordings. One week to next does not work 

Sparky1960
Friendly Neighbour

I am missing all sorts of sports endings because I can not extend recordings. Completely sucks I think I might Get ahold of Shaw and switch Not A Happy Customer 

assia
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Recordings of live sports programs are automatically extended by 60 minutes (90 minutes for tennis matches), so we will need to research if this failed for the particular games you recorded. @Sparky1960 - would you please let us know which sports events (time and channel) were cut off for you so we can investigate? 

Sparky1960
Friendly Neighbour
Tsn is the channel that i record on. It was the Singapore Grand Prix on Sept 22. This is not the first time i have missed the ending of a sports event .Also the voices on the broadcast do not match the picture; there is a delay. The old PVR did not do this and it is very annoying. The fact that you cant manually increase the record times is something that the old pvr was capable of doing. This is something that needs to be changed. Looking at the forums I am not the only person who is not happy with this feature. The other problem is series recordings not working. We record then watch later the local news everyday on channel 121 Check News. From Week to week it loses the recording and does not record.

I believe that was working prior to the July update.

Sparky1960
Friendly Neighbour

This sucks. I am missing all sorts of sports endings. What happened to the ability to extend recordings. The old system had this feature. Also setting up recordings sometimes they don’t record . Thinking of contacting Shaw and switching 

Sparky1960
Friendly Neighbour

Get this update done quick or I will Be switching to Shaw