cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus Optik tv guide error for ch 716 Travel XP

rhvic
Friendly Neighbour

Every time there is a time change (twice a year), there is a subsequent error in the Telus optik tv guide for one channel in particular. Currently, after the return to standard time, the schedule for the Travel XP channel 716 is out by one hour. This makes it impossible to set for a series to record on this channel.

Every time this happens, I contact Telus and they go through the motions. I usually get an agent who is utterly ineffective in understanding let alone fix the issue. Most want to reinitialize my PVR, which is not the source of the problem. The last agent I spoke to said he would look into it and get back to me in 10 days to see if it was fixed. That never happened.

Telus, please note that this happens with every time change! Put this on your automatic list of things to do twice a year! Meanwhile, please fix the issue NOW.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @rhvic, thanks for flagging this. We were able to get the third-party vendor to realign the guide based on the timezone (it took some time, but it's done!). We also added a calendar reminder to reach out to the vendor ahead of time before the next time change! Thank you for the feedback!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rhvic We flagged this to our dev teams to investigate and it looks like we'll have to engage vendors also. We're going to keep this on our radar and if/when there's an update to share, we come back to this post 🙂

rhvic
Friendly Neighbour

It is now a week plus since bringing this to your attention, and the problem still exists. The schedule is still out by an hour. Can this be so hard to fix?

rhvic
Friendly Neighbour

it is now a month later and the guide schedule for the travel channel is still out by an hour.

if you leave this for another four months or so, we will be back on daylight time and the schedule will be correct. is this your solution, one wonders.

rhvic
Friendly Neighbour

Finally, so nice to see that the schedule is now correct (Jan 5).

Of course, at the next clock change, it will get misaligned again!

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @rhvic, thanks for flagging this. We were able to get the third-party vendor to realign the guide based on the timezone (it took some time, but it's done!). We also added a calendar reminder to reach out to the vendor ahead of time before the next time change! Thank you for the feedback!