cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stanley Cup Final Recording Cut Off

Lwells
Neighbour

I have Telus TV+, with the new boxes and cloud recordings.  I recorded the Stanley Cup Final game between the Oilers and Panthers last night.  The recording ended before the game did, so we missed the end of the game.  This is unacceptable, as we had people over to watch.  I can't find an obvious way to extend recording time, as we could with the previous system.  Can someone please advise me on this?  I believe I once read that sports-related recordings would automatically be extended for a certain period of time (90 mins?).  Obviously this isn't working.  If the Stanley Cup Final isn't sports, then I'm not sure what is.  I'd like to have this resolved before the next game.  Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hey @Lwells - all sports should be extended by 60 mins. If that didn't happen, try recording the program following the game and that should be a work around. We will take a look at this situation

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

OK, thanks for looking into it.  For your reference, my recording was 3 hours and 4 minutes long I believe, and the actual Sportsnet broadcast was 3 hours.  The recording stopped when there were maybe 2 or 3 minutes left in the game, so it ran slightly long.

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

To help prevent this in the future, you can try extending the recording time:

Manual Recording: Recording the program following the game should be a work around.

Check Scheduled Recordings: Ensure there are no overlapping scheduled recordings that might have caused the recording to stop early.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

There is no such option on the new cloud-based TV+ system that I can find.

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Sorry, just meant to try recording the program following the game and that should be a workaround. 

so helpful after the fact.  I find that is the way with a lot of the programs - whatever happened to option "when it starts and ends".  I've had others that run into ones i have selected to have recorded and it doesn't matter if they "pick up" where the program would be in progress or starts after the interruption - it only runs for the selected time slot.  i'm old enough to remember VHS and you could punch in the program number and it would start and finish on time no matter what the interruption!  

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

What happened was, that as the amount of programming and number of events that ran over expected length grew over the years, it became more difficult to predict when certain events would end. For this reason, our aforementioned setting of extending the recordings of sports 60 minutes after their expected end time.

Rocky3
Rockstar

@Lwells 

If you still want to see the end you have an option not mentioned.

go to the guide and scroll back to where the game ended and press play on the following show. There is a 24 hour rollback feature seldom mentioned here where you can watch a show from yesterday as if it were live.

Yeah, I suppose I could do this if the timing is right, but sometimes I don't watch games until after it's been over for more than 24 hours.  I'll keep this in mind though, thanks.