cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Code needed for Sharp 4T-C55EL8UR

Fredp
Organizer

I have a new Sharp TV (model 4T-C55EL8UR) and trying to set up my old Optik Slimline remote to work with it. Tried all the codes for Sharp TVs and HiSense (apparently HiSense has acquired Sharp's TV business in Canada and the US) in the Optik TV support document, but can't get any of them to work.

Anyone have a code that might work ?

Thanks.

Fred

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Fredp
Organizer

Found a solution from a Youtube video - code 0021 works. What's interesting, though, is that the same code worked on my HiSense, Sharp and TCL TVs, and it works on both Slimline and Slimline 2 remotes. The only quirk is that on the HiSense TV, in subsequent use, you have to hold the Optik power button for 1-2 secs, till the status light on the TV starts flickering. Once it does, release the button and both the receiver and the TV power on. Same thing when powering down - give it a sec or two.

Hopefully this will help someone.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TELUS_Support
Community Manager
Community Manager

Are you using this guide? TELUS Remote Programming Guide

I used that one first, which gave me the code 1176. That did not work. I then found a page on your support site, that listed a number of codes for Sharp TVs. None of those worked either.

Thanks, 

Fred

I'll send you a message Fred

- Eric

Fredp
Organizer

Found a solution from a Youtube video - code 0021 works. What's interesting, though, is that the same code worked on my HiSense, Sharp and TCL TVs, and it works on both Slimline and Slimline 2 remotes. The only quirk is that on the HiSense TV, in subsequent use, you have to hold the Optik power button for 1-2 secs, till the status light on the TV starts flickering. Once it does, release the button and both the receiver and the TV power on. Same thing when powering down - give it a sec or two.

Hopefully this will help someone.