Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optik vpn crtc

Garygary
Organizer

I tried to file complaint with crtc got this back 

isn’t it just wonderful they would not address the matter directly 

I don’t think Telus will do anything helpful

As a courtesy, we have forwarded a copy of your correspondence to Telus Communications Inc. to bring your concerns to its attention. As the matter you raise does not fall within the scope of our regulations, the CRTC will not follow-up on this matter. However, this correspondence will give your service provider the opportunity to take whatever action it deems appropriate including responding to you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Also the CRTC only deals with a very specific and narrow scope of things. Considering customers physically located within Canada aren't being affected, I doubt the CRTC would even look at this.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Rocky3
Rockstar

CRTC most likely knows what and how Tekus is doing. However as Optik-Kate pointed out Telus is limited by contract to only allow streaming within Canada. Ai is now finding VPN server IP addresses and letting Telus and others block those. The recommendation online is to buy or create your own single use IP address you can log into and appear locally. Make a one person VPN, ya right.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Also the CRTC only deals with a very specific and narrow scope of things. Considering customers physically located within Canada aren't being affected, I doubt the CRTC would even look at this.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂