cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optik 4K box freezing

Jen1980
Just Moved In
I am have non stop issues with my optik 4K secondary box freezing and restarting. This happens when fast forwarding recorded shows, watching shows on demand and even scrolling the channel guide. This has happened off and on since I was sent the new boxes but lately it’s a constant issue. I either have to unplug the box or wait for it to reboot itself after a couple minutes. I have spoken to technical support who sent me a new box as well as a new modem. Neither helped. I’ve changed all power sources, hdmi cables and Ethernet cables. The box is not connected wirelessly , it is wired. I had a technician here who again changed the box and modem and said it should be fine but it it’s not then to swap the pvr box and secondary box because it must be my tv. It froze again right after he left so I swapped the boxes and now I’m just having the same problem on a different tv. Waiting for another tech visit in a couple days but any help would be greatly appreciated .
3 REPLIES 3

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey! I'll send you a private message to discuss further, thanks!

mb101
Just Moved In

I am having the same issue with my Optic TV 4K box.  It seems to have started a couple months back.  My 4k is wired. TELUS is telling me now to try wireless.  It fails wired or wireless.  I end up pulling the power to the 4k when it freezes and it comes back after the reboot.  I have replaced the optic TV hardware, factory reset the modem, spent hours on the phone with them and still no resolution.  They are now sending me a new wireless modem to replace the existing wireless modem.  They seem to have no idea what to do next.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Let us know what happens after you've connected the new wireless modem!