cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just recieved 2 new digital tv boxes

BobV1946
Organizer

Is there any way to tell which one is the PVR, or will they both record programs.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

The new boxes use the cloud for storage. Either can be used to view/schedule recordings.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

The new boxes use the cloud for storage. Either can be used to view/schedule recordings.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

I am getting one of the new boxes from TELUS as my old PVR is not fully functioning (Cant view recordings). I have two legacy set-top boxes so will they be compatible with the new Cloud storage version?

My understanding is the old boxes are not compatible with the new boxes as the 2 technologies are totally different.

Can I assume Telus tech support will look at my connections and know I will need three devices?

As far as I know, they are supposed to be self instal.

I spoke with Tech Support yesterday and confirmed I am getting the 'legacy' PVC as the Cloud based one is not supported in my area (Sidney outside of Victoria ?). THat said I was told it is pretty much plug and play with swapping out the old one. I was concerned they were shipping the newer technology which is not compatible with my two existing set top boxes. Still waiting for the new one, the Canada Post tracking number Tech gave me was incorrect.

bl

Is it safe to assume Telus looked at my configuration and know I need three new devices?

Rocky3
Rockstar

In addition to the two android boxes, the online TelusTV can also set recordings which can be watched on any of these three devices