cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optik TV with 3rd party router

redcurb12
Neighbour

Recently replaced the t3200m with an XR500. T3200 in bridge mode with radio turned off. The WiFi signal in the home has improved drastically but my wireless optik boxes are no longer working.

anyone know the work around for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@redcurb12 wrote:

So do I need to turn the 5ghz radio on the T3200M and just run the wireless boxes through it? Then I can connect all other devices to the Xr500?

Yes, you could do that.

would that lead to any double NAT issue? 

Others have not found this a problem. Give it a try and see if it meets your needs.

what about connecting the VEN501 access point to the XR500 and connecting the wireless optik boxes that way? 

Not recommended, as the router has to manage the IPTV multicast packets; it is not just the Wi-Fi radio (VEN501) the needs to be in place.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The wireless Optik boxes connect to the T3200M. I don't think I've ever heard of an instance where someone managed to get them connected to a third party router.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

So do I need to turn the 5ghz radio on the T3200M and just run the wireless boxes through it? Then I can connect all other devices to the Xr500?

what about connecting the VEN501 access point to the XR500 and connecting the wireless optik boxes that way? 

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@redcurb12 wrote:

Yes, you could do that.

Others have not found this a problem. Give it a try and see if it meets your needs.

Not recommended, as the router has to manage the IPTV multicast packets; it is not just the Wi-Fi radio (VEN501) the needs to be in place.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

seems to be working now. thanks.