cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optik TV Recording Ends Abruptly

AvidCdnGolfer
Neighbour

I recorded the US Presidential debate and it ended in the middle of closing remarks. Is there no buffer? I can't find any settings to adjust. Is this an oversight or am I missing something? 

5 REPLIES 5

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

It sounds like the recording may have ended at the scheduled time, and unfortunately, the system might not have included any extra buffer time. For live events like debates, sports, or award shows, which often run longer than scheduled, it's a good idea to extend the recording time manually. https://forum.telus.com/t5/Home/Optik-TV-PVR-Extend-Your-Recording-Time/ta-p/124830

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

I don't have these options. I assume this is an older version?

You can always send us a private message and we'll try to help!

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

why not just say it in the forum. Shows ending being clipped is standard. There is no adjustment to recording time, it is what is given,

What is with all these PM us so we can tell you privately. Others want to hear the answer, if there is one.

MrSL
Leader

Hi @AvidCdnGolfer , I do not understand the response from TELUS-Support...

If you are using the TelusTV-21T set top box for cloud recordings, then there is NO WAY to add any time extension to recordings. It's one of the many shortcomings and complained about over the past 18 months or so without resolution.

The only way to add time is to manually record the following program... Which is frankly ridiculous!