cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optik DVR problems?!?(maybe)

Zman2k2
Leader

So I’ve been having some issues with our DVR as of late.  What happens is after you turn it on, after about 20 min. you will get freezing picture/audio, A/V dropouts which come back within 15 seconds, and the dreaded “This channel has been lost” screen, which resolves within 30 seconds.  It all comes back, with no intervention, only to do it again after 5 minutes or so.

im asking the group, is there something I can do to resolve this ( I have done reboots, resets )., or am I going to need to be on hold for a while to fix this.  As well, has the Optik system been “sundowned” so that i would be switched to the new system?

Appreciate the answers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Well a bunch of time on the line, and errors on Telus’ end after every reboot, it has been determined……. dying PVR.  Not a bad service record, almost 15 years.  I hope it has a happy retirement. 😀

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Is the DVR connected by ethernet? Is it going through an ethernet switch by any chance?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

No, not through a switch.  Made that mistake years ago.  It’s is wired directly to the NH20T.

Well a bunch of time on the line, and errors on Telus’ end after every reboot, it has been determined……. dying PVR.  Not a bad service record, almost 15 years.  I hope it has a happy retirement. 😀

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Glad you were able to get it sorted with our team. Please let us know if you experience any further issues your service once the new equipment is up and running!

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.