cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Naming convention / titles for 'Series Recordings r all 382533 up - lol.

MrSL
Leader

Not sure what is going on here, but (some) recent, both scheduled and actual recordings have bizarre titles rather than just S1:E4. Doesn't appear to be channel specific. E.g.:

r.jpg

y.jpg

t.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks @A-B . I am aware the metadata comes from a 3rd party. Had these strange titles appearing for a couple of weeks. I did replace my TELUSTV-21T box about 3 weeks ago, not sure if that was related...

However, I like to power off ALL my TELUS supplied devices (Huawei GPON terminal, TELUS Pure Fibre terminal, Wi-Fi 6 and TELUSTV-21T STB) at least once a month to clear any system memory and ensure any updates are applied by re-initializing 1 by 1 - in downstream order. The names are back to normal now.

Apologies, I should have probably double checked that first b4 posting 🙄.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

MrSL
Leader

Sorry, if you are trying to view this before the images are approved. Hopefully Monday a.m.?

Rocky3
Rockstar

do not see this as yet

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

The info we receive for both program descriptions and the guide, etc. is metadata from a third party (this is also why there are occasionally discrepancies between the guide and what the network actually airs)...but regardless this is odd indeed. I'll shoot an email to the content team for investigation. Thanks for flagging.

Thanks @A-B . I am aware the metadata comes from a 3rd party. Had these strange titles appearing for a couple of weeks. I did replace my TELUSTV-21T box about 3 weeks ago, not sure if that was related...

However, I like to power off ALL my TELUS supplied devices (Huawei GPON terminal, TELUS Pure Fibre terminal, Wi-Fi 6 and TELUSTV-21T STB) at least once a month to clear any system memory and ensure any updates are applied by re-initializing 1 by 1 - in downstream order. The names are back to normal now.

Apologies, I should have probably double checked that first b4 posting 🙄.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Oh it's all good! Appreciate the heads up.