cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ir blaster on my smart phone not working on optic TV

Hatzicguy
Neighbour

I am trying to teach my IR blaster connected to my phone the telus remote. It learns the power and volume buttons but nothing else. Is there some trick to this or will the telus box only work with it's own remote? I have put my other ir devices on this "remote" program!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I found my problem.The IR blaster didn't have the field of vision that i expected and have rearranged the components and it now works. Thanks for the input !

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I have used 3rd party programmable remotes with Optik TV without issue. What phone/software are you using?

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

I have tried the Broadlink RM4 mini and the switchbot mini with no success other than power and volume.They show that they have learned a key stroke but don't function when pressed on the phone which is a galaxy S20.

I'm not familiar with those. Do they have the option to emulate other devices? I used that to set up my remote and didn't need to learn individual key stroeks.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

I found my problem.The IR blaster didn't have the field of vision that i expected and have rearranged the components and it now works. Thanks for the input !